Sunday, May 17, 2015

Sunday Right Now 05.17.15

Reading: I've been reading a lot lately which is so great. Sometimes I spend way too much time on-line, so I know if I'm getting through more books, my web browsing time is less. In the past few weeks I've finished two great - but very different - books. Wild by Cheryl Strayed is one I've been meaning to read for a long time. It was a wonderful memoir of her time backpacking as a twenty-something on the Pacific Crest Trail. Although my own backpacking year wasn't nearly as arduous as hers (my actual hiking was fairly minimal) it reminded me of that feeling of not knowing for sure what the next step would bring. It wasn't a terribly fast- paced book, but it held my attention well and when I finished the book, I was so glad she was able to share her story. The other book I read was The Girl On the Train by Paula Hawkins.  I flew through this in five days, which isn't bad for a full time worker (and part time blogger). This was one of those books that was really hard to put down. It reminded me of Gone Girl or Room in that aspect. The main character drove me nuts most of the time, but the book was written in a way that you didn't have to like her to enjoy the plot.
Writing: Blog posts, wedding think you cards (yes, still) and jotting down ideas for novel #2 which I will never have time to write (le sigh)
Clicking: I made an impromptu on-line order last week at Zara. I don't mind ordering from there as they have free shipping and returns so your only loss is the time it takes to go to the post office. I ordered four things - three are going back. Most hilarious of the rejects are these...



You know those ads, "Lose 5 pounds overnight!"? These are "Gain 30 pounds, instantly!"
Seeing: A massive mountain of patio furniture cushions. We need to buy covers so these don't have to be taken in at night!


Smelling: B&BW Sundrenched Vineyard candle to mask the gross eggs from R's breakfast. I loathe eggs and their stink.
Hearing: Every night for the past few weeks we've been hearing peepers outside. They live in the water hazard on the golf course. I find their noises soothing to fall asleep to.
Watching: Catching up on Grey's Anatomy! We were eleven shows behind! Now we only have two left for the season. I'm also loving The Royals.
Feeling: Pretty blah today. It's raining and I slept too late. I used to feel great after sleeping in but now it usually makes me groggy for the entire day. And by sleeping in, I mean 9:20.
Wearing: Jeans, tee, cardigan, slippers. My blah mood has made me feel uninspired in my clothing choices for the day. No blog photos on this lazy Sunday.
Anticipating: Selling off my wardrobe. Not all of it, but a sizeable chunk that I'm not wearing anymore. Hopefully I'll have more details about the Blogger Closet Sale soon! Purging feels so freaking good!

XOXO
Gitterary Girl

1 comment:

Blogger said...

Good news book worms, The Girl On The Train Audio Book is now available on AudioBooksNow.