Monday, May 04, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: April 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

This was the first month of a new quarter, and I have some extra money to roll forward from birthday gifts. I also have a $50 Joe Fresh GC from my birthday that I haven't spent yet. I spent slightly more than I expected to this month, but I just HAD to have the sandals... scroll down to see.

Sweater: Banana Republic
Reg $110 - on sale for $10
Like I would ever leave a $10 Banana Republic sweater at the store. This is slightly big on me, but looks great for a cozy casual look. It's in the laundry now, so no photo. Color is cream.

Scarf: H&M
Reg $7 - I paid $2 after using my Conscious coupon
I didn't own a lightweight animal print scarf and now I do. I've worn it a few times already, including with the above sweater.



Pants: H&M
Reg $18
These are seriously the funnest pants I've bought in a long time, and I'll be showing you them in a blog post later this week. They are really comfortable and hit the ankle at the perfect place to show off your shoes. Next time I'm in H&M, I'll probably buy another pair in a different color.



Shorts: H&M
Reg $10
These were an iffy purchase as they kinda look like jammies.... which was my Plan B for them if I got them home and couldn't style them. They look really cute paired with a white top and heels.


Hat: Forever 21
Reg: $23
I wear my big black hat a lot, so I felt a big olive hat would get some mileage in my wardrobe as well. I can't find it on-line but it was a new item in-store when I bought it.






Shorts Club Monaco
Reg $129 - on sale for $35 (even more on sale now!)
These are high waisted faux leather and would look good with bare legs or with tights in the winter.
35 was 129



Tights: Club Monaco
Reg $30 - on sale for $6
For $6 these Marsala tights will get some use. They might even go with the above shorts in the winter.



Boots: Stuart Weitzman via Crimson Clover
Reg (who knows how much, likely $500-ish), priced at $150 consignment - on sale for $5.
FIVE DOLLARS. They are in almost perfect condition. Makes me almost excited for the fall (just kidding).





Tee: Hollister
Reg $23 - on sale for $11
I need to stop collecting pineapple shirts.



Tee: Gap
Reg $20 - on sale for $3.50. 
A basic grey long-sleeved tee. I have the same one in navy and white stripes and black.

Cords: Gap
Reg $70 - on sale for $8.50
I haven't been a huge fan of cords lately, but I love these! I think it's because they have a worn in and casual look.




Sandals: Aldo
Reg $90 - I had a $25 off coupon, so got them for $65
Remember last month when I  said I wanted to buy something with fringe? These shoes are like a party on my feet. The heel height is great too! Can't wait to wear these!



Original value of items: $680
Price I paid: $196
I saved 71%

I also bought new pants from the Banana Republic Factory outlet with a gift receipt from a birthday shirt I had to return due to gaping buttons - which is often a problem for me. I've already worn them in this post.

That leaves me $304 to spend for the next two months. If I want to add my leftover birthday money, it's $434, but I'm going to try to save some for New Hampshire this summer.

Did you catch any great deals in April? I'm linked with Franish if you'd like to see how some of the other bloggers did with their April shopping.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: