Monday, March 02, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: February 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a strict (sort of...) monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

Jacket: Gap
Discounted from $99 to $64
I've been looking for a great utility jacket for a few seasons now. This one is fitted but not tight, with a tuck-away hood. It should be great for layering sweaters underneath when it warms up a teensy bit.



Tee: Forever 21
Reg. price $19
I needed something spring-like but wearable now. This can be layered under a cardi or blazer until it's warm enough for bare arms!



Tee: Forever 21
Reg price $16
Too cute!



Tank dress: Forever 21
Reg Price $7
Being very long-waisted means tops are often too short for me. I'm always looking for longer tanks and tees to layer underneath. This is actually a dress but I bought it to be a first layer piece. The picture is not the color I bought - mine is olive green.



Dress: Joe Fresh
Reg Price: $29 (bought on tax-free day)
I fell in love with this dress earlier this month. It's still a bit big as I find Joe Fresh XS-XL sizing really off. I'll wear it now with tights and a card and later with bare legs.



Coat: Joe Fresh (not available on-line)
Discounted from $99 to $20
My H&M peacoat is a few seasons old now and for the price, I'd have been silly not to buy this as a replacement. It's a very basic black wool peacoat with plaid lining. An extremely warm coat! I've already worn it several times. It does attract lint like crazy though!



Sweater: Joe Fresh (not available on-lne)
Discounted from $30 to $15
This is so cozy and I love grey.



Earrings: Claire's (not available on-line)
Discounted from $8.50 to $5
I wanted a low-priced version of this trend to start with. Turns out, I quite like the look of an ear jacket!



Belt/Necklace: H&M (not available on-line)
Discounted from $20 to $5
When I got this "necklace" home, I was wondering why it was sized XS ... then I realized it's a belt. Gotta love a piece that can work double!



The following two items were purchased with a Halifax Shopping Centre gift card that was in my swag bag from their sneak-peek evening for their renovations. They officially announced the opening of Aritzia on the bottom level (beside Dynamite) for this summer! If you missed my post on the renos, you can read about them here. 

Flats: American Eagle Outfitters
Discounted from $30 to $8
It's about time I had a pair of leopard print shoes. I tend to lean towards snakeskin prints, and I'm sure I'll get some wear out of them when I can go sockless. For now, they will be my "around the house shoes" along with my Tory Burch flats that still haven't seen the light of day. They had a little thread at the heel that was digging in, so I covered it with a Band-aid blister bandage. You can stick them directly on a sore spot on a shoe and they keep you comfy. Meant for skin, but it works!



Leggings: Banana Republic
Discounted from $134 to $14
These are the softest things ever and look so luxurious. I bought them in-store when they had an extra 40% off sale items.


Original value of items (the ones I bought with my own money): $327.50
Price I paid: $180
I saved 45%.

That leaves me with $170 left to spend in March to end the first quarter of 2015. If you'd like to see what I bought in January, here's the link.

I'm sharing my budget on Franish again today. I love looking at what the other girls spent every month!


XOXO
Glitterary Girl





No comments: