Wednesday, October 01, 2014

Focus on Fall Nails

As much as summer brights are amazing, when the fall comes I look forward to darker and earthier nail colours. Silly me decided to pack about 90% of my nail polish away in storage while we're between houses... and I've acquired about ten new polishes because I missed my variety so much! The more the merrier, right?

Here are some ideas for taking your summer nail colours into the new season. With just a subtle shift in shades, you'll look more season-appropriate.



Of the above colours, I am drawn most strongly to the orange colour, second from the top. When Julep asked me to create a style board based on my chosen colour, this is the one that inspired me.



Now It's Fall



Vince sweater, $415 / J Brand jeans / Nine West flat shoes / MICHAEL Michael Kors leather satchel, $475 / Oasis drop earrings, $13 / Givenchy scarve, $365

I can picture wearing this outfit to a casual weekend brunch with the girls or maybe for a day of marathon shopping, given the flats look so incredibly comfy. The slight openness of the shoes is okay for early October, but I'd switch them out for low boots once the weather gets cooler.

Have you found any great new polish colours for fall? Julep has some great ones!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: