Monday, June 02, 2014

My Monthly Purchases: May 2014

I was so well behaved in May! I kept the shopping to a relative minimum, perhaps because I found a new way to spend my lunch hour. I used to go to the mall or Superstore (i.e. Joe Fresh) every day, but lately I've been spending more time at the library - reading magazines (they always have the latest issues.... free!) and gaining ground on whatever novel I happen to be in the midst of.

Still, I did do SOME shopping this month. Here's what I found.

Skirt: Banana Republic
Discounted to $20 from $110
This was another one of those times where something is still selling for substantially more on-line but I found it in the store for less. I have very little yellow in my wardrobe and this skirt was too cute to pass on for $20!



Shirt: Banana Republic Factory Store (not available on-line)
Discounted to $14.50 from $80
As soon as I saw this, I knew it would go perfectly with my pink skinny cords.



Skirt: Le Chateau Outlet (not available on-line)
Discounted to $20 from $80
I recently retired an old animal print skirt and was looking for one to replace it. This is a very flattering skirt and I'll be bringing it to Vegas for sure!



Belt: H&M (not available on-line)
Discounted to $3 from $20
I needed to replace my black waist belt. I love the turnlock closure on this!



Shirt: H&M (not available on-line)
Discounted to $10 from $20
This is cropped, but not too cropped. I can wear it with high waisted bottoms and show the tiniest sliver of midriff or simply layer a tank underneath and be fully covered. I love sweatshirts.


Hair Flower: H&M (not available on-line)
Discounted to $1 from $5
It's cute to clip onto the back of a ponytail to hide the elastic



Jeans: American Eagle Outfitters
Discounted to $7.50 from $50
I've come to the realization that my jeans need an overhaul. I have quite a few that are still really low rise and awkward. I'm so much more comfy in a mid rise jean, especially being long waisted. These were the only size left on the clearance rack and they happen to fit perfectly. I can roll them up if I want an ankle crop too.



Tee: Banana Republic
Discounted to $10 from $24.50
A great fitting, thick basic tee in dark grey.



Bracelet: Stella & Dot (Milana Tassel)
Discounted to $27 from $54
My Stella stylist is retiring! I was able to nab this cute bracelet at her sale. I said no more jewellery this year, but this was irresistible and I wore it three times last week.

Value of items: $444
Price I paid: $113
I saved 75%

That leaves me with $244 to spend for June, which will end my quarter. I think I will come in this season under budget!

On my list of "wants" is a powder blue top and some denim shorts.

Do you budget your clothing expenses? How did you do for May? I found a budgeting link-up here and this is my first time participating. I love seeing how others spent their May budgets!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that first skirt, what a deal!

QQ's view said...

love the bracelet too...great choice and I really love the belt!!!

QQ's view said...

love the bracelet too...great choice and I really love the belt!!!

Sarah said...

Great finds! Especially love the Le Chateau skirt. You'll have to do an outfit post with your new purchases!

Sarah
sarahjustinestyle.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some amazing deals Jen! That banana republic skirt is too cute to pass up, can't wait to see you style it :)

Kristen said...

that first banana republic top is really cute - and goodness, you find amazing deals girl! take me with you next time ;)