Sunday, February 04, 2018

January 2018 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $550. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2200 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I came into 2018 with a slightly boosted budget from money not spent last year. My allowance for this quarter is $564. January is always a fabulous month for big sales.

Coat: Zara (only XL is left, now $50!)
Reg $170, on sale for $100
I saw this on the website when it first came out and loved it. Then I saw it on Allana Davidson and it looked so good I needed to own it. It’s a bit oversized and so super cozy. I feel like I’ve bought so many new coats in the past year, but honestly, they’re all you see of an outfit for many months here in Canada so I won’t let myself feel guilty about it. This one sheds a bit of the wooly stuff so I’ll have to be sure I have a lint roller with me if I’m wearing dark colors underneath.



Shirt: H&M
Reg $40, on sale for $15
I’ve been a long time fan of anything army green and I actually have a top similar to this one that is old and too big on me anyway. The material is really soft.



Shirt: RW&Co
Reg $70, on sale for $15
This is a really nice basic white shirt that would d look great for work or on the weekend with jeans.



Tops: RW&Co
Reg $36 each, on sale for $4.50 each
These are so perfect for work with cardigans or with shirts that are too low. I bought one in blue and one in grey. They had other colors but were sold out in my size.



Sweater: American Eagle Outfitters (no longer available)
Reg $60, on sale for $9
I’ve been obsessed with pink this winter, which is weird for me. It’s a nice change from all the black and grey that my closet is full of. I probably wouldn’t have looked at this sweater twice for the regular price, but for $9, even if I don’t reach for it often, it’s ok.



Hat: Babaton at Aritzia
Reg $35, on sale for $13
I needed a new black winter hat and I love the texture of this one and the floppy top.



Original value of items: $447
Price I paid: $161
I saved 64%

That leaves me with $404 for this quarter. On my wish list for February - black flat ankle booties to replace my ones from Aldo that are getting worn out. I'm actually doing an on-line order from DSW tonight for some hopefuls. There’s still lots of winter left for cold weather attire!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl




No comments: