Sunday, October 04, 2015

My Monthly Purchases: September 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.


Sweater: Joe Fresh (on sale right now, 25% off!)
Reg $29, used gift card balance, paid $$15
I loved this sweater from the second I saw it and would have paid a lot more for it than I did. I love the sleeve length, the colors, and the fit. I haven't worn it yet, but it will make a good Thanksgiving sweater if the weather is cool enough.


Shirt : Joe Fresh
Reg $16
I wore this to the wine festival- see here. It's a great neutral top and can be worn year round. Solid purchase for $16. I love the Joe Fresh fall collection this year.



Belt: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $20, on sale for $2
One of those things that you pick up because it's cute and super cheap. I haven't worn it yet, but can see many a long sweater being belted with this



Hat: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $45, on sale for $8
I can't get over the deal on this hat! It is too cute! Another topper for the collection. I'm soon going to need a bigger hat shelf...



Tee: Gap
Reg $20 on sale for $12
I love baby pink and Gap tees are very comfy and thick. Another year-round piece that will look great under a blazer or a button-up.



Skirt: American Eagle Outfitters
Reg $40 on sale for $17.50
I've been on a hunt for months for a long black skirt and here it is! This is coming to Scottsdale with me - a perfect travel piece.



Necklace: Joe Fresh
Reg $19 on sale for $6
Nice statement necklace for a nice price. I actually put this on at work the day I bought it.



I ended up taking back a grey Gap tee I bought last month. It was cropped and really loose fitting. I just couldn't make it work with anything.

Origanal value of items: $189
Price I paid (including money I got back for the return): $67 
I saved 65%

Gifts from my mom - she's cool like that

Dress: H&M
So when the dress you were going to wear gives you armpit fat, an emergency trip to the mall is in order. Soon,  I'll show you guys the cute striped dress I picked up for an evening out with some fabulous people. Stay tuned next week-ish when we're back from vacay.




Bag: H&M
This. bag. I have had so many people comment on it I must admit, for $15 it was a great find in the back of the sale rack. It was the only one left in medium grey. It has just enough room for all of my everyday things. Pop over to Instagram to see it.

So, for the third quarter of 2015, I still have $231 to roll ahead. This has been totally strategic, as I'm headed to Arizona this week and wanted to be able to have some extra shopping money. Add that to my $500 for the fourth quarter and that gives me $731 to spend til the end of the year. Even though I don't count the exchange rate in my budget (i.e if I spend $50 USD, that's the same as spending $50 CDN) I will be mentally factoring in the "is it worth it?" much more than usual, as the CDN dollar is so bad right now. I don't plan on spending all of that in AZ - I'm thinking I'll spend around $500. That will leave me a bit to play with for the Black Friday/Boxing Day sales.

Did you buy anything fabulous in September?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: