Wednesday, July 02, 2014

My Monthly Purchases: June 2014

I'm excited to tally things up this month as it's my first time doing a quarterly budget instead of strictly month-to-month. I had some wiggle room with June as I under-spent in April and May (thanks to lots of birthday money).

I had $244 left to spend in June - let's see how I did.

Sneakers: American Eagle Outfitters
Discounted from $27 to $8
I love my Peter Pilotto for Target slip-on sneakers but they are very bright and don't go with a lot of things. These are neutral and comfortable.



Shirt: Old Navy
Discounted from $15 to $10
A classic striped shirt that can be worn to work or on the weekend. Seen here on the blog.



Sleepshirts: Victoria's Secret
Discounted from $65 to $19 (for two of them)
Incredibly soft and comfortable. I have lots of pants/shorts for sleeping and these are something great and different. The other one says "Another One of the Girls Angels". I also bought a few really cute  and deeply discounted bridal things that are being filed under "wedding budget".




Bikini Top: Victoria's Secret
Discounted from $34.50 to $8.50
There used to be a time when I'd never wear a mismatched bikini, but those times have changed. I love not matching! I bought a turquoise strappy top to go with my navy bikini bottoms. Sorry, I couldn't find it on-line.

Headband: Lululemon
Regular price: $18
This keeps my hair out of my face while doing P90X3 and is wide enough not to slip off. Can you believe I am onto my fifth week of the program and right on schedule with no missed days? Me neither.



Skirt: Club Monaco
Discounted from $150 to $41
This is replacing my old black pencil skirt. It still has that silhouette, but has some interesting details and leather trim.



Skirt: Gap
Discounted from $60 to $6
So cute. Way too short for work, but great for a humid summer day.



I also bought a dress from Club Monaco that I won't show, as I think it'll be my wedding rehearsal dress. I've had my eye on it, and found it on sale from $229 to $69.

Value of items: $599
Price I paid: $180
I saved 70%.

Quarterly results: 
April - $143 (divided into the stuff I bought and the stuff I got for free for my birthday)
May - $113
June - $180
= $436

I was $64 under budget for the quarter. 

I'm not sure yet if I will roll this over to next quarter.... or maybe save it for Vegas (that sounds like a better plan).

I'm linked up with Franish today. Check out what the other bloggers bought in June!

Do you budget? How did you do for June?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl








No comments: