Monday, October 29, 2018

Currently 10.28.2018

Carter's Beach - Nova Scotia 

That clear water!!I miss the mid-September hot days.


Reading

I’ve had such good luck with my book choices lately. Everything I’ve read has been fantastic.

The Lying Game - Ruth Ware
Four boarding school friends reunited over a secret they’ve been keeping for years.
Only Child - Rhiannon Navin
Fans of Room will love this story about a school tragedy, told from the perspective of a six year old.
Love and Other Words - Christina Lauren
Possibly my favorite book I’ve read this year. A modern day love story told in past and present.  True love never dies!
Then She Was Gone - Lisa Jewell
A girl disappears and a new little girl in her mom’s life reminds her too much of her lost daughter.

Writing

Epigrams, the occasional blog post. I need to learn to write things down when I think of them and not trust my memory. I’ve had some lost gems that weren’t put on paper and it’s so annoying.

Clicking

Surprisingly, only one on-line purchase lately. I have a Zara order on the way. When I get my winter clothes out, it feels like I have a new wardrobe for a few weeks. Social media as usual. My iPhone update gave me the new screen time counter which is certainly eye opening, but I still think it’s overestimating. Maybe if you’ve got apps running in the background, it’s still counting.... I don’t know. I’ve been using PopSugar Fitness on YouTube for some workouts. They’ve got a pretty good selection, especially the tabata ones.

Watching
TV: DWTS, KUWTK, Grey’s, Modern Family, This is Us. A special shout out to A Million Little Things which is such a good show.
Netflix: Queer Eye, Making a Murderer Season 2 and Friends with Benefits.  I need to get back to Riverdale, Suits, and OITNB at some point.

Seeing
The crazy colors of my Witches’ Brew frappucino. I’m always a sucker for Starbucks Halloween drinks. It tastes like orange creamsicle if you're into that flavour.

Smelling
As I’m at Starbucks... coffee. Also, I put on Clean Aqua Neroli perfume this morning. My new scent obsession.



Eating
My friend and I tried Mother’s pizza the other day for lunch and it was really good. I had something pretty basic- four cheese with spinach. R and I went to Resto for dinner the other night because we didn’t make reservations for Il Mercato and the wait for a table was too long. It was decent, but I was craving Il Mercato... I've been eating too many little Halloween chocolate bars... I bet some of you can relate!

Drinking
Lots of Starbucks flavoured teas and DAVIDsTEA. I’m loving all the chai blends from DAVIDsTEA right now. For adult beverages, I’ve been sticking with wine lately, although I had a Bulwarks Raspberry cider the other night and it was yummy.

Wearing
A pink AEO sweater, Zara distressed jeans, Adidas Stan Smiths, and my old as dirt Lole raincoat.

Feeling
I’m working out five times a week so feeling great with fitness. I'm having a hard time dragging myself out of bed lately. Probably because the time change is coming and it’s really dark in the mornings.

Anticipating
Halloween is just a few days away, so looking forward to seeing all the cute costumes that come to the door. I have a few short work weeks in November, so that’s always appreciated.  One of them is Black Friday, an annual shopping day that Mom and I crush every year. I need to get working on my Christmas lists...

My fur niece and her rubber chicken


Happy Halloween!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: