Monday, December 04, 2017

November 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

November can sometimes be a big spending month due to Black Friday sales. This year, I was much more focused on getting Christmas shopping done than shopping for myself. I felt the need to upgrade my casual holiday party attire though, as you can see by my selections.

Sweater: Zara
Reg $36, on sale for $25 (Black Friday 30% off)
This makes me look vaguely like a Muppet but I’m okay with that. I’m big on texture lately.



Sweater: Zara
Reg $20
I retired my other pink sweater after a few seasons. This is actually from Zara’s kid section - size 13/14 usually fits me in sweaters. It’s very soft and cozy.



Top: Banana Republic (no longer available on-line)
Reg: $74, on sale for $17
I couldn’t step away from this for the price. It will be great for the holidays either on its own (provided I’m ambitious enough to sunless tan myself) or under a blazer.



Earrings: H&M
Reg $7, on sale for $3
One of those purchases you need to make to get your total over $30 to use a Conscious coupon!
They’re cute though!


Sweater: H&M
Reg $30, on sale for $10 (on for $15 plus used $5 Conscious coupon)
I have a sparkle sweater in a similar color already but I’ve worn it for a few holiday seasons in a row and I wanted something different. The full sleeves on this is what sold it for me.



Top: Gap
Reg $40, on sale for $20
Again, another holiday staple - the basic black velvet top. I retired my other one, which was long sleeved.




Original value of items: $207
Price I paid: $95
I saved 54%

I’m left with  nice chunk of budget ($213) to get me through December and Boxing Day. I’m hoping to find a black spring/fall jacket on sale and will likely place a sizable Zara order on Boxing Day as per usual. I don't think I have anything to buy for our tropical vacation next month... I stocked up on sundresses and stuff at the end of summer.

Did you find any goodies on Black Friday?

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: