Sunday, October 08, 2017

My September 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

It was a beautiful September here in Halifax - to the degree that I really wasn't in the mood yet for fall  clothes. We barely even had any chilly mornings, so I was able to stretch bare legs out a little longer than normal!

Vest: H&M
Reg $50, on sale for $25
Shearling (faux) was on my need list for the fall. I wore it to work and the inside of it sheds LIKE CRAZY. Ugh.



Bag Pom: H&M
Reg. $7 (I got it for $2)
I wanted to use a H&M conscious coupon, which requires a $30 spend. So if I'm near $30, which I was with the vest above, I'll throw in something to bring the total to $30.  FYI: Tank tops are great for a throw-in item too. Love H&M tanks for layering.



Jeans: Gap Factory Store
Reg $70, on sale for $17
I like wearing cropped jeans with fun shoes. I'm pretty short, so the crop effect is sometimes hard to achieve for me.



Jacket: Zara
Reg $46, on sale for $20
I've already worn this several times. It's perfect for this time of year when the afternoon temperatures are still warm but the mornings are too chilly for bare arms.



Tee: Zara
Reg $20
I'm going to wait to see if this pearls trend sticks before spending much on anything. I love white tees, so this was an easy way to try the trend. It's hard to make out in the photos, but there are pearls around the collar and down the front.



Hat: Forever 21
Reg $21
I was on the hunt for a baker boy hat in black for a few weeks. My blogger friend Sarah appeared on her blog in this one and I rushed out to get it. I can't seem to find it on-line but it was bought in late September.



Dress: Zara
Reg $50. Free for me.
I had a Zara gift card for the store opening, so I picked up this shirt dress, which I styled last weekend with the hat above.



Original value of items (minus the free Zara dress): $214
Price I paid: $105
I saved 51%

This was the end of a quarter for my shopping budget and I actually came in $55 under budget, which I can roll ahead to next quarter. On my wish list is a pair of black leggings from Zara. I think I know the style I want already. I'd also like to find a red pullover sweater.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl

No comments: