Sunday, January 08, 2017

My Monthly Purchases: December 2016

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

December was deceiving. I did spend some money on Boxing Day sales, but I'm still waiting on delivery for some on-line purchases. I'm not deciding what I'm keeping and taking back until I have everything here.

Shirt: Joe Fresh
Reg $34, on sale for $10
I donated my old black button up recently, so this will be a good replacement.



Tee: Pink
Reg $30, on sale for $12
The effects of email advertising.... I got an email from Victoria's Secret advertising this shirt at 10 AM and by 1 PM it was mine. I was astounded by the number of people who didn't get the message. Ya'll need to visit Urban Dictionary.



Tee: Wilfred at Aritzia
Reg $55, on sale for $27.50
I was eyeing this for months but didn't want to pay full price. Purple looks good with so many colors. I'm sure I'll get lots of wear out of this year-round.



Original value of items: $119
Price I paid: $50
I saved: 58%

I will be rolling $128 forward to 2017. That will definitely be spent once I figure out what I'm keeping from Boxing Day.  If I had paid full price for everything over the full year, I'd have spent $3886.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: