Monday, December 19, 2016

Currently 12.19.16

Reading

Doctor Sleep -Stephen King
I went through a huge Stephen King phase in high school, and read most of his older works. I've read a few of his newer books, and this one really intrigued me as it's a sequel to The Shining. It was written in classic SK style, and I forgot how easy his books are to get into. I usually don't find his books too scary to be honest, and this one was the same. I had no issues reading it when I was home alone. I really need to read his book On Writing.

Vinegar Girl- Anne Tyler
This was a quick and easy read on my Kobo. It was meant to be an adaptation of Shakespeare's Taming of the Shrew. It was pretty good.

Vinegar Girl, Fleur de Force, In Style


Clicking

I'm watching so many Vlogmas stories on You Tube. I can't even keep up. Sephora has also been a favourite of mine this month. I'm determined to keep my VIB status for next year, which looks like it will happen.

Watching

I finished the second season of Suits and I'm obsessed ,but I think I'll take a little break before starting Season Three. On my Suits hiatus, I watched Brooklyn on TMN On Demand which was SUCH a good movie. I cried so many times, which is pretty inconvenient when you're on a treadmill.
TheVS Fashion Show was on a few weeks ago. It's always a hit at our house. I'm loving The Weeknd right now so it was great to see him perform.

Eating

Everything. Ugh. There is so much food around time of year. I made some new cookies this year, which turned out pretty good - Aero Thumbprint cookies. The recipe is here.

Drinking

I'm not usually a sucker for Starbucks Holiday drinks. Normally I stick with my chai lattes. However, this year I discovered the Caramel Brûlée Latte. I've managed to limit myself to two so far, but something tells me I'll be getting another one before too long.


Seeing

Cookies and sweets everywhere! A Christmas tree. Two giant containers of laundry pods (seriously, R? 304 pods?). Four poinsettias.



Smelling

Roast beef in the oven :)

Hearing

R's text alerts

Wearing

Cords, a t-shirt and a faux-suede cardigan.

Loving my new sweater from Envy!


Feeling

Tired! I've been so busy at work the past few weeks.

Anticipating

Christmas of course! I'm also looking forward to 4.5 days off.

The view from R's office last week. 

Merry Christmas everyone!!!
I'll be sure to post a bit over the holidays. I'm thinking of doing some "Best of 2016" posts and I'm ready to show you some more empties.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: