Thursday, September 03, 2015

My Monthly Purchases : August 2015

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. I used to have a monthly budget, but partway through 2014, I switched to a quarterly budget of $500. This can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget.

August is generally a high spending month for me (you know, "back to school shopping"...) but this year I restrained myself.

Top: Lucy & Laurel via Winners
Reg $55 on sale for $16
My closet is lacking in navy shirts. This is simple yet really feminine and pretty. My only beef about it is that I wore it outside one evening and mosquitos flew in the holes and bit my upper arms. Oww. Totally my fault. Should have predicted that! Sorry for the wrinkles - fresh out of the wash!



Tops: Gap
Reg $66 for the three, on sale for $25 for three
I usually buy a few Gap tees late in the summer when they're on sale. They wash well and have a soft and stretchy vibe. The third one is in the wash, but it's a black and white striped crew neck.




Skirt: Club Monaco
Reg $150 on sale for $17.50
A black skirt wasn't on my wish list (I have a few) but this is one of those buys that will definitely get playing time in my wardrobe. Too well-priced to leave in the store! Club Monaco tends to carry timeless stuff, so if you see a great basic, nab it, you'll wear it for years!


Culottes: Envy
Reg $60 on sale for $20
Check out my post on these!


T-shirt: Wilfred Free at Aritzia
Reg $45 on sale for $15
What a pretty color. I can see this being layered under a chunky sweater or blazer this fall. Or.... lounging around the house because it's so darn comfy!



Total value of items: $376
I paid $94.
I saved 75%

That leaves me $298 to spend this quarter, as I'm still dragging out some birthday money. This quarter technically ends at the end of September, but if I don't spend it, I can roll it ahead to the next quarter.

I've been stretching my Joe Fresh birthday gift card to the max! For those of who who haven't wandered in lately, I was there this week... and they have the fall clothing in! Gorgeous stuff this season. I was good and only bought two pieces on Sept 1st (which is the magical day in my head that my budget "re-sets" LOL). I'll share the fall stuff with you next time, but here are the buys I snagged in August.

Shorts: Joe Fresh
Reg $19 on sale for $13
I've weeded a lot of shorts out of my closet lately, therefore needing new ones. These are a nice color and looser fit.



Top: Joe Fresh 
Reg $29 on sale for $9
I hope to get a few wears out of this pretty white short sleeve sweater before I spill pasta or something on it....




Did you find any amazing wardrobe additions this month? Do share!

XOXO
Glitterary Girl


No comments: