Monday, July 03, 2017

My June 2017 Purchases



Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

June had me buried in shopping bags. I went a bit nuts, true, but I did save the bulk of my spring budget for the June sales, knowing that it's the best month to shop for summer clothes. I did a bit of shopping when I was in Toronto, but I was pressed for time and exhausted so I didn't get much. I bought so much this month that I'm actually going to spread it over two posts.

Chokers: Topshop
Reg $25, on sale for $12
I love these! They're so delicate and pretty. I've not actually worn them all together yet as I love them individually. I also bought some glitter socks from Topshop which I haven't included here. I was on such a mission in Topshop! The SA's were laughing at me because I took in two armfuls of clothes and barely bought anything. Such is life when you're working on a budget and can only buy stuff you LOVE.



Cardigan: Wilfred Free for Aritzia
Reg $65, on sale for $52 (clientele sale)
The Zlata is one of the pieces I can never get enough of. I bought it last year in ashen (seen below) and am always reaching for it. I didn't even know I wanted the navy until it was in my hand. The navy isn't available on-line for some reason. I guess I was lucky to have found it in-store.

Mine's in navy.


Reg $55 on sale for $41 (clientele sale)
I had to have this print! It's so pretty and has great colors in it. The fabric is amazing too. Talula is one of Aritzias least expensive brands, and I love a lot of their items.



Reg $110 on sale for $75 (regular sale)
I've been wanting Stan Smith's for well over a year now and I doubt I'll find a classic color for less than this price. I had a hard time deciding if I wanted the white with black trim or these all whites. I'm happy with my choice though! They are sooo comfortable!



Earrings: Topshop
Reg $14, on sale for $5
I have a few pair of ear jackets now and I really like wearing them. They can take a basic outfit up a notch. These are one-piece but look like two pieces.



Tee: Topshop
Reg $48, on sale for $29
White tees with a little something extra are always useful to have in your closet! This will look great with blue or black jeans or a little black skirt.







Camisole: Uniqlo
Reg $29, on sale for $13
The fabric of this cami is great. I'm actually regretting not buying another color.



Pants: Uniqlo
Reg $30
I bought a similar pair of Uniqlo pants in San Francisco a few years ago and I said if I ever found them again I would get another pair. My original ones are still going strong after four years and tons of washings. They are amazing to wear on planes. They're pretty close to leggings but they have back pockets so I can call them pants.



I'll post the rest of my June haul soon. I really feel like I have a ton of new stuff to wear! I need to be better at actually getting some wear out of my new summer clothes, especially since we have such a small window of actual summer here in Nova Scotia.

See you next time for the rest of my June shopping bags! I'll do my $$ totals at the end of the next post.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



2 comments:

Typing Dolly said...

I've been buying beautiful (inexpensive) scarves and having them made into kimonos. A local HFX gal put an ad on FB for sewing so I've been getting her to whip them up for me at a reasonable price. Every time I wear them I get compliments because they are so different. #somethingtothinkabout :)

Jen said...

What a great idea!