Sunday, May 07, 2017

My April 2017 Purchases

Every month, I break down my clothing expenses and share them. My quarterly budget is $500. This amount can be rolled into the next quarter if it's not all spent. My goal is to keep my out of pocket expenses within $2000 a year. Gifts and gift cards don't count towards my budget. Since I've been keeping a budget, I'm much more careful with what I buy, and I will return stuff at the end of the month if I'm not crazy about it after hanging it in my closet.

I always crave new spring clothes in April even though spring is very come-and- go here in Halifax. The key is to gradually ease out the winter stuff and bring in the summer stuff. I try my hardest to save most summer clothing buys (sleeveless things, shorts, etc) until June when they usually go on sale.

Blazer: Only via Envy
Reg $80, on sale for $20
I've been needing a new black blazer. The one I have is a bit too small and I've also decided I hate blazers with buttons, so all my future blazers will be button-less.






Boots: Old Navy
Reg $45, on sale for $15
I wear ankle boots so much in the fall. It can't hurt to have another color to mix into the rotation.



Top: Zara
Reg $26
This top is so me. It's neutral but interesting. I've worn it already with high waisted dress pants.



Skirt: Gap
Reg $55, on sale for $20
I really like wearing jean skirts to work. I already have one from Topshop, but it's a little short. This one is longer and a wrap style.  Now I have a work one and a play one.



Top: Zara
Reg $20
A new white shirt is pretty much a given for me every spring. This one is really fun! The black band fakes a tiny waist.



Dress: Alice and Olivia
Thrifted for $5
When you consider that these dresses usually go for $250-$500, I'd say this was a no-brainer. This was scooped up at the East of Montreal $5 sale. I'm not including this in the savings calculation this month as I have no idea how much it cost originally. It's a beauty of a ruched black dress - perfect for almost any occasion!



Original value of items: $226
Price I paid: $106
I saved 53%

I'm doing great with staying under budget lately. I have $547 left to spend this quarter. I'm going to try to save as much as I can for the Aritzia clientele sale in June, although Zara has had some great stuff lately so I will probably end up ordering a box or two from there. I have a small order from Old Navy coming - I'm on a mission for a lightweight black spring coat.

XOXO
Glitterary Girl



No comments: